Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thinking Differently



Check out this image collection from an exhibition of Michael Paulus's illustration series, Cartoons' Anatomy. I though these were really clever. Have you ever thought about Fred Flinstones' underpinnings? Uh, don't answer that. Michael Paulus has (in the best way), and the result is another inspiration to challenge the obvious.

Over think things! It might just lead you down a new and interesting path. It might even land you a gallery showing -- Who knows?

I find myself lost in minutia, while others around me are bored taking everything for face value. That might sound like a bad thing, but I have found that being obsessive can only help you make a better something. Embrace it, even if it means sketching the Powerpuff Girl's bones. Get lost in design that is lurking beneath the surface that we take for granted, or just don't even think about.

Image credit: uaddit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment